Frequently Asked Questions
How do I take care of my jewelry?
- Always remove jewelry when washing hands, showering, or swimming. Moisture can cause stones to dull and become loose. (I even take off my wedding rings for showers and swim!) So make this small adjustment to your daily routine to keep your jewelry in good condition!
- Avoid spraying or applying any alcohol or oil-based products such as; perfume, hairspray, body lotions, cleansers or hair grooming products on or near the jewelry. The alcohol or oil content will cause Lucite beads to crack, will dull the finish and loosen the crystals, and cause metal parts to discolor or tarnish.
- Never expose jewelry or hair accessory pieces to extreme heat or direct sunlight over long periods of time as this can cause colors to fade (aka DON'T leave them in your car in the middle of summer!)
- Stored all jewelry in bags or boxes, away from sunlight. Being exposed to open air for long periods of time can sometimes cause your pieces to tarnish
- To clean your jewelry, use a dry soft cloth. NEVER submerge in cleaning solution or water.
When will my order ship?
Our products will usually **key word: usually** ship within 2-3 business days. (This is Monday through Friday and it does not include weekends or holidays). However, if we have a big promotion or a new launch, shipping could take a bit longer, so please be patient.
Once you place your order, you will receive an email confirmation.
Once your order has shipped, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email with a tracking number.
My order shipped. When will I get it?
All of our products are sent through US Postal Service, so delivery times may vary depending on how close you are to California, where our company is located. For residents within USA, orders typically arrive within 3-8 business days. Plus you will have your tracking number so you can check on your package's journey.
My package was marked as delivered, but I didn't receive it.
Sometimes USPS tracking information can be a little off (we are all human and we all make mistakes sometimes!). Sometimes they can be marked as delivered before they actually arrive and it will most likely be delivered within a few days. But once again, you DO have the tracking number so you can check with your local post office or your neighbors.
What countries do you ship to?
We ship internationally! There's a flat rate charge of $60 on all international orders. **The Songbird Collection is not responsible for any customs or local taxes. See Terms and Conditions for more details.
All U.S. orders under $45 will be charged a flat rate shipping fee of $5.00
FREE shipping on all orders at or above $45 - No code needed.
Returns and Exchanges
Please see the complete info on Customer Service page.
How do I apply temporary tattoos?
1. For best results, use scissors to cut the desired tattoo from the sheet leaving white area around the tattoo image.
2. Firmly glide your finger over the top clear layer of plastic that covers the tattoo image and remove any air bubbles pressing them toward the edges.
3. Slowly peel the top clear layer of plastic from the tattoo paper.
4. Position the tattoo with the image on your skin and hold for 1 minute.
5. Using a sponge or towel (it can be a folded up piece of paper towel or a small hand towel), dab the back of the tattoo with a small amount of warm water. Be sure not to soak it or the tattoo will end up sticky.
6. When you begin to see the image through the tattoo paper, slide the damp paper away to reveal the tattoo. Allow 5-10 minutes to dry.
7. Show off your #thesongbirdcollection tats!
Temporary Tattoo Care Tips
** If you are a newbie, buy a backup or try on a small piece first. If you're not confident in your application skills just yet, order two! At worst you have to remove an "oops" and try again. At best, you have a spare for a later date!
**Apply your tattoo an hour or two before the event you want to wear it for.
**Straps and sweat are your tattoos' worst enemies.
**Designs last longest on shins and inside forearms.
**They do not last long on hands, fingers, shoulders or necks.
If you sweat, the water has nowhere to go and can bubble under the surface. If this happens, you can CAREFULLY use a small pointy thing to perforate the tattoo, or wick the moisture out with the side of your hand or index finger.
The tattoos are remarkably water-resistant, but avoid hot water for long periods of time. Washing daily with mild soap is recommended. Always let your tattoo air dry.
Powder your tattoo daily with baby powder or makeup setting powder. Powder it whenever it becomes tacky to the touch.
You can easily dissolve your temporary tattoo at any time with Baby Oil. You can also try using a cotton pad to rub the baby oil on the tattoo.
Keep them in a cool and dry place. Your temporary tattoo will not expire, but excessive heat and humidity may cause damage. If exposed to excessive heat, refrigerate or set in a cool place 1-2 days before use.